Aspen Construction Company takes much pride in the fact that we have not sustained a reportable injury since 2006. We attribute this accomplishment to the fact that everyone in the company, from the President to the Labor Force, is committed to our Safety Plan.
Aspen has a very comprehensive, written Safety Plan in place. The practices and procedures dictated are continuously reviewed, revised and updated to provide our employees with the utmost protection in regards to safety. The written program itself is a “living document” which was most recently updated in November 2018. The size of this document precludes its insertion here, copies are available upon request.
Along with the general Safety Plan, we establish Site Specific plans for all projects. On large or complex projects we create a stand alone written document with job-site specific requirements. This detailed plan includes the incorporation of project owner safety requirements, accountability assignments, reporting requirement (with contact name and number) and specific instructions as pertain to each particular job-site. Whether written or verbal, all our site specific plans include consideration of our employee safety as well as that of our subcontractors, owner’s staff, governmental or inspection related staff and the general public. All subcontractors and suppliers are required to adhere to our Safety Plan or their own, which ever is most stringent.
Aspen’s employee training requirements exceed the minimum established by OSHA.
- All employees maintain current certification in Standard First Aid, CPR and AED.
- All employees have completed OSHA 30 Hour.
- Initial and annual refresher training is required for Intro to OSHA, Record Keeping, Safety & Health Programs, Hazard Communications, Personal Protective Equipment, Flammable and Combustible Liquids, Materials Handling and Storage, Excavations, Fall Protection, Stairways and Ladders, Scaffolding as well as Hand and Power Tools.
- Weekly “Tool Box” meeting are held to keep safety in the forefront of everyone’s mind.
- Employees are required to wear high visibility outerwear anytime equipment is operated.
- Employees must pass a pre-employment drug screening. In addition, all employees are entered into a pool for random testing. Random testing is completed quarterly. We also perform reasonable suspicion and post incident/accident testing as needed.
- Only properly trained and authorized employees are allowed to operate equipment.
- No trenching activity without the presence of an Excavation Competent Person.